Contact us
Meet Three Developers Driving New Solutions for AEC

Meet Three Developers Driving New Solutions for AEC

Posted by Autodesk - 

Autodesk Developer Network is an ever-growing community of third-party product experts and programmers who customize Autodesk software through APIs, or application programming interfaces. Autodesk continually rolls out and updates APIs to help developers link new solutions to products, improving everything from workflow traffic jams to interoperability between Autodesk software and other vendors.

“We’ve always looked for ways to give our customers the freedom, choice, and flexibility to make our products work for them,” said Jim Quanci, senior director of the Autodesk Developer Network. “But we can’t do it alone. We need partners to fulfill the specialized needs of our customers. You can’t buy digital transformation in a box.”

Autodesk partners range from moonlighters to full-service software consultants like AMC Bridge, which created the popular CADtoEarth for Autodesk Revit app. CADtoEarth allows you to import 3D topography from Cesium, an open platform, into Revit and place your building model directly in its unique environment. You can then convert your model into a 3D PDF so anyone with an internet connection can view it. The AEC app generates tens of thousands of free downloads every year, but AMC Bridge primarily uses the app store to test the market and reach new customers who need bespoke solutions.




“Every enterprise is unique,” said Igor Tsinman, president of AMC Bridge. “When people are buying off-the-shelf software and basic functionality, it serves about 80% of their needs. That’s where we come in, to serve the other 20%.”


Check the entire material in ADSK News

May 17, 2021
You may also be interested in:
Cesium Opens More Doors for Unreal Into AEC

The arrival of the Cesium for Unreal plug-in is fairly recent. It was announced last March and became officially available in April 2021, but the ability to work with large geospatial models in the Unreal game engine is a snowball rolling downhill. The alliance between Cesium and Unreal means that the Unreal Engine supports the open format 3D Tiles pioneered by Cesium, which opens up new possibilities for companies bringing their data into Unreal to create compelling visualizations.

Jun 08, 2021
more
AMC Bridge Releases a Technology Demonstration of Viewing and Converting Point Cloud Files

Keeping pace with the AEC industry's digital transformation, AMC Bridge is happy to present Web View/Convert for Reality Capture, a technology demonstration developed to view and convert point cloud files in a web browser.

Mar 12, 2021
more
Web View/Convert for Reality Capture

Web View/Convert for Reality Capture is a technology demonstration of viewing and converting point cloud files in a web browser.

Mar 12, 2021
more
  • Top